Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Beliefs

*Yawn*

I sprung out of bed highly unsatisfied as I only had two hours of sleep but I had to wake up much earlier than usual to renew my identification card to MyKad(which is a major pest really...the place was so crowded and space stricken that I could smell the Kopi O the chic behind me had for breakfast).

It was 7:30 in the morning and there I was queeing up to renew my IC and my turn wasn't due until 10(highly doubted it with the infamous deficiency of Malaysian Government workers...those doubts materialised...It wasn't my turn until 11:25).Oh well...I kinda bonded with a gal who's around my age and a Malay dude who happens to be behind and in front of me respectively.The lady was really sweetlooking and she really reminded me of Dakota Fanning from War of The Worlds(haha...of course...she's much older than Dakota),the kind of gal who can charm with a single twitch of their lips...but...the Malay dude left a deeper impression on me though.

OK...b4 you guys become judgemental and intrigued,let me clarify that I'm straight.

The Malay dude whose name's Azam was only a couple of years elder than I am(he's 19) but there he was in front of me queeing up to get his MyKad done with 3 year old child in his embrace.It was his son.Well...considering that we had to to spent 2-3 hours or so in such close proximity,we were simply glad to have company and the three of us spent most of the waiting hours chatting.Azam's a fairly good looking dude(I think he actually looks younger than I do) and very well built,a direct product of his job as a construction labour.He told us that he got his girlfriend pregnant at the age of 16(his girlfriend was only 15 back then) but they've decided not to take the easy way out of it.Thank God he didn't as baby Syafiq was totally adorable!

When I've finally got my MyKad settled I felt so inspired by Azam's story.To risk everything,to chance everything for what they believe is truly important to them.As cliched as that sounds I'm sure it'll strike many the way it jilted me when you guys hear the first account of Azam's story.So often have we gave up everything we truly want simply to live out our parents' dream which are mostly disguised as ours.Be it your educations,your choice of a life partner,your hobbies or even something as petty as your meal but yes...most of us spent a big part of our lifes compromising our beliefs and desires to trod the journey our forefathers have laid upon us.Basically..to cage ourself in a comfort zone where comfort is the main dillusion,making us believe that a risk-free and comfy life is all we want.

Peeps,break the cage and run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home