Monday, August 29, 2005

Serendepity

To my friends and fellow writers,I would love to take this opportunity to here to clarify that as a writer,I have been obscenely overrated and received accolades I totally do not deserve.The fact that most of the people who read my literary products totally failed to comprehend the message that I was trying to convey is a major testimony to my claim.A writer's primary goal is to convey his/her message and etch them unto the reader's mind.Sad to say that I have yet to come up with such a masterpiece(but I know someday I will*Ian saying this while standing on a cliff,clenching his fist with his hair blown messily by the wind*hahaha...total self syokness:D).Secondly,to those that I've been trying to brainwash with my schmaltzy poems should realise that other than sickly romantic stuffs,I've yet to produce anything else!Last but no least,my inability to conjure something out of nothing portrays a monumental block on my writing ambitions.I had never written anything decent during exams and with SPM just a couple of months away,I sure hope I will eventually.Hahaha

Serendepity.Beautiful word ain't it?Well,it happened to be the title of a movie I watched this afternoon.The VCD has been stored in my drawer for as long as I could remember and I never actually bothered to watch it,thinking it was just another cliched hollywood chick flick,something that makes you go "Awww...." the morning after and "Ooops what's the story like again" a week later.Boy was I totally wrong.Yes,the leading characters are stereotypically beautiful people and yes,it is heart-wrenchingly romantic.Basically,the story's about two strangers who happened to bump into each other while shopping for Christmas and ended up spending a few blissful hours together.At the end of the night though,they decided to let fate take it's course and gone on their own separate ways.The guy wrote his name on a cash note and let the lady spends it while the lady wrote her name on a book and sells it to a secondhand bookstore,both deciding if they're meant to be they'll find the items again.

Alongside,the likes of King Arthur,Shakspeare in Love,Kate&Leopold and Something's Gotta Give,this movie is climbing up the charts of my all time favourites.I'll gladly lend this to anyone's who's interested,just let me know peeps.By the way people,serendepity actually means a fortunate accident.Fortunate accidents?haha...it's like students saying "Exam Rockzz!".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo bor..come on,how on earth can u be overrated?? =D God has given u this gift! use it unto His glory! ^^

Wed Aug 24, 05:11:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Ian said...

Haha...aww...so sweet of you Nicholas(darn...I have to eliminate words like sweet,cute and aww from my vocab!I'm gay!).Haha...

Wed Aug 24, 07:06:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want! Lend it to me, I say, LEND IT TO ME!

Wed Aug 24, 10:46:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home