Saturday, July 30, 2005

Torn

My mom had a wardrobe clear-out today and she came across this torn Shin-Chan t-shirt I've been wearing since I'm like 10?(to clear the air,I was a severely obese kid back then I can still wear some of the clothes I had then)7 years of warmth and security has been provided without fail whether it's meant to shield me from the claws of those sore losers in the basketball court or the stinky paints that refused to be stilled yet my mom couldn't care less and dumped it straight into the pathethic little green bucket that has been serving as my household's rubbish bin for the past month.Luckily,I was alert enough to notice the dissapearance of my all time favourite tee and yes people,I picked it up from the dumps.

Yes,the shirt is in torrid conditions and wearing it doesn't seem like a sane choice but as time eloped tirelessly the more I feel like I need to cling on to this memoribilia that has proven itself to be the shirt of my life,that the sweet memories that it provided is as vivid as ever.Maybe it lacked the warmth and sense of security that I crave for so much as it's torn,that my friends been cajoling me endlessly(Thanks KL,Yuj,Wendy,Mindy,Sharon and Kaya Pau for all the love and care I've received,I wouldn't trade the world for another bunch of classmates) to ditch it as it had caused enormous discomfortness and sometimes,sickness.

Yeah people,I'm gonna be totally honest about the fact that I actually seriously considered the option,that maybe my classmates were right,letting go might the only way for me to keep it.At the end of the day though,it was a knockout decision.

There's nothing in the world that would stop me from loving it and I'll hold on to it with all my might and endurance to make sure it last as long as possible,maybe...forever.The only chance I'll let it go will be the day the tee found a better owner and someone who will mend the tears I inflicted upon.

I've kept Shin-Chan and I know...I'll rather have bad times with it than to have great times with others.Anyway,I came across this song which I could relate profoundly to on this matter.I'm sure if I did let the tee go without a fight,I'm gonna feel exactly the way the lyrics suggested...I'll end this entry with an excerpt of the lyrics...something that will make you think twice before you ever consider leaving something that means so much to your heart and soul.

What If-Kate Winslet
What if I had never let you go
Would you be the man I used to know
What if I had never walked away
Coz I still love you more than I could say
If I'd stay,if you tried
If we could only turn back time
But I guess we'll never know
We'll never know

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only she knew better.

Forgive us for da harsh words we've said..

May the fields be green again, when we can feel even the slightest trace of ur smile, when u smile with ur heart once more..

Luv u lotz too. Take care

Sun Jul 31, 01:07:00 am 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suddenly I feel like we're not talking about shirts...

I guess I can't help much, since I have no idea absolutely, on what's going on right now. I only want to wish you good luck (not really, as I don't believe in luck) and I pray that you'll win your fight..

All is not lost, Ian =)

Sun Jul 31, 10:18:00 am 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It all depends on you,man. Don't want to let go... fine... I guess you will know when it is really time to let go. Maybe you are just not ready. Maybe you are afraid if you let her go you will be a worthless wreck. I dunno why. But from the view outside, where ppl see the bigger picture, letting go would make you happier. but who are WE to say? You wanna hold on to sth/someone. Your choice, your decision, and remember the results and the emotions you are gonna go through.. all YOUR choice :D

Sun Jul 31, 06:14:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home